Washer fluid alert. - Pugugly
Reading a post in Tech, reminded me of how hard it was to get this stuff last winter, I ended up with some truly dreadful environmentally friendly stuff from a Supermarket (last bottle on the shelf there) - may be a good idea to stock up this year !
Washer fluid alert. - Robin Reliant
I have been assured by the manager of my local Somerfields that washing up liquid supplies will not be affected by the recession this winter.
Washer fluid alert. - Peter D
Washing up liquid does not reduce the risk of the screen water freezing and the salt based soap can stain/damage the newer water based acrylic paints now being used.

Regards Peter
Washer fluid alert. - oilrag
Nothing gets black atmospheric pollution of my vans white paint better than hot water and washing up liquid. Been using it since 1965 and no rust yet.

That said, I rinse it well with a hose after giving it a scrub with the blue brush on the long handle. Polish/wax what`s that? ;)

Re Washer fluid. I read somewhere (here?) that someone was mixing their own, with distilled water, iso-propanol and washing up liquid. What proportions though?

Regards
Washer fluid alert. - Ian (Cape Town)
Same problem, different season.
As the weather warms up, and days get longer, the local insect population is starting to hatch.
My car, after ONE trip from home to office, ends up looking like a garibaldi biscuit!
And nobody is stocking "bugwash" these days - all out of stock, and no idea when the next batch is arriving!
I think I have enough for one more reservoir fill.
Washer fluid alert. - oilrag
"the local insect population is starting to hatch"

And starting to expire here - I hope.

There`s a Wasps nest in our loft space and they exit from the eaves right over where I park the van. This morning at 6.9C some were still flying in and out. But for how far and how long?

One was found on the windscreen last week, dopey from being out in the cold all night. Initially hostile towards them, I`m now starting to appreciate them and the hardships they face in not being able to store food.

Could fill the windscreen washers with lemonade and spray it all over the screen and roof I suppose.. One last feed before the cold of eternity intervenes (as forcasted) after this weekend.
Washer fluid alert. - L'escargot
Plenty at Halfords.
Probably but there wasn't last winter when we had that cold snap.
Washer fluid alert. - Alby Back
I usually buy about three x 5 litre containers of concentrate about now. I do get through a lot of it though.
Don't drink it - bad for a businessman's heart !
Washer fluid alert. - Alby Back
Who're you lookin' at ? Eh ? Wassamatter.....

Hic.....

;-)