Car Insurance Clain, Can the other party argue? - LilWing
Hey,

I was involved in an accident a couple of days ago and i've been worrying myself over claiming on insurance.

Here's the story:-

I was driving down a main road towards home at 1730pm Monday night, traffic was flowing steadily due to the time and obviously because of this there was no way I was speeding. I was driving down the road when a car came out from a junction into my path, he drove directly into my path and I collided with him. It turns out he just came out of a pub nearby and before the police arrived many of his friends turned out to see the damage. I'm a careful driver but didn't anticipate him pulling infront of him, there is a crossing before the junction which I slowed down for a checked, it turns out there is someone who claims I sped over the crossing. I believe one of his friends are claiming to be independent witnesses to boost his case as there was NO one at the crossing when I approached. Luckily for me there was someone waiting to turn in to the road he came out of. This witness had a clear view of my apprach and a clear view of the crossing, he saw there was no one at the crossing, saw my steady approach and the other car pull infront of me. Do you think his 'independent' witnesses will alter the direction of liability? Is there any doubt of who is to blame in this case?

Any thoughts on who the insurance company will blame?
Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...
Car Insurance Clain, Can the other party argue? - L'escargot
If it was me, whatever the circumstances, I would claim on my own insurance and just let them sort it. It's what I pay them to do. I don't believe in having a dog and barking myself.
Car Insurance Clain, Can the other party argue? - oldnotbold
As you describe it, it seems 100% the fault of the other driver. I doubt the witness testimonies will alter the view of the insurance cos.