2003 2.0 Stuck seat belt inertia. - nottsruss
A recent passenger pulled the rear centre seat belt too sudden to fasten and the inertia has jammed ,thus making it unuseable. I have fed strap back and pulled very slowly on strap but will not disengage.As the inertia movement wheel is located within the seat back out of site iam lost for ideas how to fix , any help please.
2003 2.0 Stuck seat belt inertia. - TheOilBurner
I think this has come up before and the solution was to release the rear seatback and then slam it shut - hard!

It's something to do with the mechanism that stops the seatbelts being used if the seatback isn't in place properly. Apparently it can be easily confused!!
2003 2.0 Stuck seat belt inertia. - nottsruss
youre a star oilburner , worked straigth away , being a taxi must have them all working
!!
many thanks for prompt reply.
2003 2.0 Stuck seat belt inertia. - jc2
If the seat back isn't properly in place the belt won't release-not much point strapping someone to a seat if the seat back folds.
2003 2.0 Stuck seat belt inertia. - ccc and F
I have the added problem that the seat belt is tensioned and the back seat is in the down position. I cant lift the backseat up very far - not even enough to get a screwdriver in to unscrew the seatbelt lock.

I have tried tricking the back catch by pushing it in - but that does not seem to have worked. Any suggestions any one?
2003 2.0 Stuck seat belt inertia. - Dave_TD
I have had this on a '99/T Mondeo, I fixed it by just kneeling on the seat back and repeatedly wiggling the seatbelt in and out of the top of the seat until it freed I'm afraid.

At the worst you will only have to undo the bolt holding the belt end to the floor (size 10 star bit IIRC) which will allow the belt to retract far enough for the inertia reel to release.

Edited by Dave_TD {P} on 03/05/2009 at 00:45