V c max - Dobiesmon
Hi
I am still looking for a car and now have it down to either the c max 1.6 05 plate or the fiat idea 1.3 muitijet eleganza on 55 plate, but have concerns re parts and bodywork when either car is kept long term which is cheaper on parts

Edited by Dobiesmon on 23/04/2008 at 14:13

V c max - oilrag
The Idea has been pretty trouble free I believe due to it being outside the taste of the `baseball caps on back to front brigade`. Multijet is chain cam, so no worries about `rubber band`, `bobbins` and water pump wobbling between.

The Fiats galvanised and fuel economy with the diesel should be outstanding compared with the 1.6 petrol. (is it petrol?)
Spares will allegedly take a little longer with Fiat compared with Ford, but should be cheap and with no problems.

Fiats don`t rust these days, but what about Ford?
If you will be using a main dealer for service Fiat allegedly came out worst in certain categories in last weeks Auto express.

If you are a DIY sort, you will love the Multijet, the engine only has fluids and filters in servicing.

But how good is your local Fiat dealer if you have problems? If that can`t be answered and you would likely depend on the dealer, I would be tempted to go for the Ford. ( With a dealer seemingly on almost every street corner)

(we own two Fiats, one a Multijet)

Regards and good luck with your choice

Edited by oilrag on 23/04/2008 at 15:08