99 1.6 warning lights on?? - ryanuk56
Hi hopefully someone can help me,

i drove my 1999 1.6 ford focus from north England down to south Wales, after a few days of not driving i drove to a local town 3miles away and my airbag, handbrake and tracking control lights came on while i was driving. i parked up while shopping got back in my car and when i turned the engine back on the lights were still on. the car still drives fine and everything seems fine, i'm concerned because i have to make the 300miles return trip next week.

any help would be very much appreciated.

thanks

Ryan

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 25/01/2008 at 19:04

1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - Screwloose
Ryan

Airbag or ABS light?

If it's ABS, TC and master brake warning lights, check the fluid level in the brake reservoir.
1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - henry k
If it's ABS TC and master brake warning lights check the fluid level in the brake reservoir.

>>
And if the fluid level is very low, IMO, you need to get things checked before going anywhere.
1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - ryanuk56
Sorry yeah it's ABS, TC & Master brake lights. i'll check the brake fluid level in the morning when it's light, if not do you have any ideas what the reason for them to come on is?

thanks again.
1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - paulyoung666
it might not be a low level problem , it could be a faulty sensor somewhere , you could try leaving the battery disconnected for 30 mins to see if it clears it , just make sure you have the code for the radio !!!!!
Ryan

The only way to find out which of several dozen fault-codes are stored is to have them read by a garage with access to the right equipment.

All the time the ABS/TCS lights are on, those systems are disabled.
Thanks alot, i'll look at the fluid levels and if the problem is still there i'm best taking it into to a garage.

thanks for your help. Ryan.
I've checked the brake fluid level and it's fine, i checked over everything while i was there and everthing seems ok.
1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - mfarrow
Is the level switch connector plugged incorrectly and not dangling down the back of the engine bay?
Ryan

In that case, you'll have to get it plugged-in by a garage and see what fault the ECU has spotted.
1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - nek99
Hi, did you get any solution to this? I just got,the same problem.
1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - wozzatdci
I just fixed mine last Friday. It was a fault with the circuit board on the back of the dash. Get yourself a can of 'PCB & Flux Cleaner' spray from Maplins. You will have to take the display out and dismantle it to get the board out on its own. You then need to spray the board both sides (avoid the LCD display), let it dry (only takes 5 mins) and then re-fit the unit. Mine works fine since. I have heard of other success stories with the above trick. Looks like moisture affects the board causing malfunction of the lights on it. Good luck. If you need any advise on doing it let me know. I've saved the cost of buying a new dash (300-quid+).
1999 ford focus warning lights on?? - pooratdiy
wozzatdci,
would gratefully appreciate your advise on the removal of dash, my ABS light not coming on when ignition turned on, checked fuses etc. No faults showing & ABS working fine.Not very handy at DIY mechanics so any help is useful.
regards
pooratdiy