N reg LX 1.3 - Engine keeps dying - Chris1905
Hi guys, My engine keeps dying when coming to a halt and seems to have a loss of power whilst driving unless you rev up. I've read this site and a lot of people suggested that dying engine could be a need to replace the Air Bypass Valve (a fault i've had in the past) I did replace this and it hasn't cured the problem.
One thing I haven't replaced is the Spark plugs. I've tried to do this but can't shift them as they are stuck fast. I've just rang a garage and they said sticking spark plugs is a common fault in fiestas.
Any ideas why the engine is dying? Do you think it could be a spark plug problem and ever heard about the spark problems on fiestas?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/01/2008 at 12:51

N reg LX 1.3 - Engine keeps dying - Screwloose
Chris

Stuck plugs are famous on the 1.3. Apply oil and leave them to stew - it ain't them unless it's running on 3. [Unplug each in turn to check.]

This could be an over-fuelling issue. You really need to get the live-data checked to see if any sensor is reading out of range.

If you're handy with a meter, watch the voltage on the black wire of the oxygen sensor when it's idling fully hot.