Warranty issues?? - Hugo {P}
Hi all - great to see you again after so many weeks away from the forum.

The day before the 3 year warranty ran out on my Nissan Primastar I alerted the dealership to the fact that the alarm had been going off intermittantly for no apparent reason.

They could not investigate before the warranty ran out, due to lack of staff availability but have now investigated and told me that the sensors inside need replacing.

They tell me they are hoping for goodwill from Nissan's warranty department. Goodwill??!! The warranty was still valid when they were notified of the problem. Surely it should be an open and shut case.

...or am I missing something?

H
Warranty issues?? - Aprilia
Well, one day before warranty expiration is cutting it a bit fine! However hopefully they did you a booking with a note of the fault and therefore its been recorded and warranty should cover it.
Warranty issues?? - Collos25
Why is one day cutting it fine it is either covered by warranty or it isn't,if the engine dropped out one minute to midnight on the last day it is covered as though it was the first minute of the warranty.
Warranty issues?? - MokkaMan
In principle it should be covered by the warranty. I would think that it would depend on the quality of Nissan's admin. Most organisations have the most extraordinary capacity for amnesia if it means more work / cost.

They also might argue this is a wear and tear "adjustment". I remember the tailgate on my BMW would not lock after three months ownership. BMW stated this was wear and tear and not covered by the warranty and I had to pay for the repair.

Warranty issues?? - Dwight Van Driver
Join the club Hugo.

Even with letters to them they have a heart of stone and do not fulfil the warranty.

dvd
Aprilia

Yes I told them the day before and the young lad noted the comment and it is on the job sheet.

When I took the van in they tried to charge me for the diagnostic. I insisted that this was warrenty investigation and refused to pay. They backed down quite quickly. The ladies who served me were very understanding and could see my point.

It had a couple of other warranty issues that cropped up as well and these were checked and referred back to the warranty dept a week or so before the warranty ran out. One is a minor adjustment on the rear door closure, and the other was degredation of plastic trim.

The former was sorted I believe in the workshop in 5 minuits and the latter, requiring a replacement trim was authorised by Nissan Warranty Department.

Only yesterday when it went back to have the work done, they forgot to replace the plastic trim - muppets! It was too late to do anything about it as the bodyshop staff had gone home. So that's another two trips into town, unless they can do it whilst I wait.

IMO the fact that they couldn't investigate it until after the warrant expired is their problem.

My next step will be the dealer principle, if they don't comply.

Hugo
Update:

The day after I had been at the dealership and the trim was not replaced I received a phone call to tell me that the bodyshop had infact replaced the wrong trim????!!!!!!

Apparently Young Muppet in the Service dept had ordered up the wrong part.

I was told that the right trim would be ordered and the job redone.

Then I received another call to tell be that the trim, which formed part of the light cluster, would not be replaced as it had been damaged. Well I had put a hole in the light cluster and indeed pointed this out to them, but the trim that forms part of the light cluster had degraded, which lead to me suggesting that they may like to consider replacing it under warranty. After taking photos etc they submitted it and agreed. Now they were saying they would not replace it.

I expressed my sincere disappointment at being let down and asked the Service Manager to follow up the alarm issue.

In the meantime I wrote an e mail to the dealer principle, and received a very polite reply apologising for the problems I have faced. I replied thanking him for his quick acknowlegement and left it there.

Today I hear the trip/rear light cluster WILL be replaced under warranty, and the alarm will be fixed under warranty.

The only issue I have now is that the van has decided to leak near where a repair was carried out less than 3 years ago, when I totalled the nearside behind the passenger door.

They are now looking to book the vehicle in for a couple of days to do the work and investigate this.

So for me it's a thank you e mail to the DP for helping me sort out this mess.