Renewal of breakdown insurance - oldpostie
I had my RAC membership renewal yesterday. I tried to check something on the conditions but all the operators were too busy. I did look at other firms and noticed that you get a better deal for being a new customer, so I rang the RAC again. Got through this time and after asking to cancel, got a 25% discount. So I renewed.
Same thing happened with car insurance, and, I believe, does with satellite TV. Threaten to cancel and a good reduction is forthcoming.
I'll remember that for next time.
Renewal of breakdown insurance - Aprilia
I have been with my TV/Internet/Phone provider for six years and spent a lot of money with them. After more problems (no cable TV over Christmas and New Year) plus various other 'issues' I rang them to complain. After 30 mins on hold I gave up and rang again, this time pressed button for 'disconnections'. Got straight through, said I'd had enough of them, and was offered an immediate 50% 'for life' reduction in costs so decided to stay with them.
That was two months ago. This morning I got a letter saying that they had spotted errors on my bill and I wasn't paying enough and that this would be 'corrected' on my next bill. What a shower!
The number of useless companies in this country makes me despair.
Renewal of breakdown insurance - SpamCan61 {P}
I just moved from the AA to RAC, primary reason; you can buy a year's roadside and recovery, joint membership, for 30 odd quid in Tesco clubcard vouchers. The AA would drop their published price for my renewal by 30% after a bit of haggling, but, unsurprisingly, wouldn't go anywhere near the RAC clubcard voucher price.
Renewal of breakdown insurance - Falkirk Bairn
Direct Line £120 inc No Call Out Discounts for 5 yrs £120 for 2 cars

Green Flag (same Company as owned by DL) £92.40 for new customers

I am now a "new customer" and saved £27 even without the New Customer discount GF were less expensive