consumer rights when car repair gone bad - steveo3002
i need some advice/help on what to do and where do i stand legaly

i had some minor wear on the bolster of my car seat, only minor but im fussy. so i got a verbal quote to sew in a new piece of vynil and make good the padding where it was slightly limp, the price agreed was £85

when i went to collect the seat i found wonky stitching , no attemp had been made at making the padding plump and then theyd lent the newly repaired piece against something sharp and left a sort of dent mark on the new vynil

i told the trimmer that i was in no way pleased with it and after trying to fob me off he agreed to re do the repair and make the sticthing right, but i have lost faith in it being right now

so when i go to see if the second repair is decent , if its not where do i stand ??

can i refuse to pay?
can he refuse to let me take the seat away?
what should i do if he says its right and i say its not (im thinking this is how it will pan out)

to be honest i made mistake in not asking around and i think i will need to find another trimmer to make it right , i cant and dont see why should have to pay twice, infact another trimmer is probably going to charge more sinse its been bodged
consumer rights when car repair gone bad - yorkiebar
If he has agreed to do it again ahe obviously wasnt happy with the result either.

Give him his chance he is doing the right thing !
consumer rights when car repair gone bad - steveo3002
well fingers crossed it will okay, but then why try and get away with a shoddy repair in the first place??

reason i posted is what if its not? do i pay the bill and leave?, do i refuse to take it away ?

consumer rights when car repair gone bad - bell boy
We all make mistakes
as said
let him have another go
the only person i know that does this job has a waiting list as long as your arm
its bespoke work
im sure the kid will come good