Philips X-treme bulbs - BobG
I need to replace a bulb on one of my cars. I am currently using "Vision Plus" bulbs and find them a vast improvement over standard H4s. Has any one any experience of the new "X-Treme" +80% bulbs which also claim to be better in terms of optical allignment which would give a better beam with sharper cut offs and no dazzle or is it just marketing hype?

Philips X-treme bulbs - John S
Depends what you're going to replace. My experience is that these high brightness bulbs are a big benefit when replacing older bulbs like the H4 and H1 but offer no benfit with newer H7 which already use a similar technology. At one point my Astra had a standard H7 one side and a 50% brighter in the other. The difference was insignificant.
JS
Philips X-treme bulbs - BigRich
I replaced my wifes 50% brighter bulbs on her BM 3 series, with the new Phillips bulbs and the difference is amazing, much brighter with a noticible range improvement.
Philips X-treme bulbs - yorkiebar
largely agree with John.

Most H4 are Halogen. Change to xenon type (h4 fitting) and you will notice the difference. Whether the x treme bulbs are xenon and/or are better than other H4 xenon is a question I dont know answer too. But have found that any xenon bulb is better than H4 of even well known brands.

As for the bulb being more accurate sounds more marketing than actual to me because of the fact it has to sit in a headlamp thay may or may not be as precisely made ?

A good headlamp alignment may be more beneficial.

Then to H7 bulbs. As far as I am aware they are all xenon anyway and have not yet found any make of bulb to be any better than any other.
Philips X-treme bulbs - BobG
Thanks for all the advice. The bulb in question is a H4 type and I noticed some improvement over the standard type when I used the xenon filled ones. I'll give these +80% types a go and post my findings.
Philips X-treme bulbs - MikeTorque
Be good to hear how you find them Bob. I have tested both Osram and Philips +50% and they are both considerably better than the standard bulbs in all driving conditions. You will need to have your headlights alignment checked after fitting the bulbs.
Philips X-treme bulbs - Hamsafar
Don't pay more than £22 delivered. Some sites are charging £39.99 + P&P!