Longer term European insurance - Neil Mallory
I'm a contractor that works several months in Europe.

I would like to take my car over on more than the usual 1-3 months allowance on UK insurance.

Does anyone know if there are specialist insurers in the UK that will offer longer term cover when abroad.
Do any of the regular insures offer more generous terms.

The car would only be used for Social and Domestic and need only be third pary.

I really don't want to go the route of taking out insurance in other countries.

Longer term European insurance - Armitage Shanks {p}
Suggest you ask your present insurer and/or consult a specialist broker. I can suggest Peart in Kendal who deal with unusual requests. www.'yell.com will find them; I have used them in the past but do not want to post a clickable link.
Longer term European insurance - Robbie
Liverpool Victoria give you 180 days European cover, and Saga 364 days. Of course, you have to be "of a certain age" to insure with Saga.
Longer term European insurance - ukbeefy
Most fleet policies are written on a full european basis. Maybe if you have more than one car this could work for you if you can find a small fleet insurance policy.

Or just find a good broker.
Longer term European insurance - pmh
Discussed at length previously several times!



pmh (was peter)


Ask Honest John

Value my car