Yaris clutch noise - far0n
My girlfriend has bought a Yaris on my recommendation to be honest but she's having bother with the clutch as far as I can tell. I've driven it and if you're particularly aggresive with the clutch i.e. bring it out too quickly then there's this weird humming noise like a loud vibration coming from somewhere. Thing is this also happens when travelling at 70mph on the motorway. Almost as if the clutch is slipping or something.

She's taken it into the dealer (all dealers should be treated with suspicion) and was apparently told that it's some cross member that vibrates against the underside of the car that causes it. I'll quote what the dealer said "Don't worry, all Yaris's do it". My question is... do they ?
Yaris clutch noise - Spospe
My wife and I have had three Yaris, a 1.0 litre a 1.3 litre (old shape) and a 1.3 litre new shape, none of them has made any sort of clutch related noises.
Yaris clutch noise - dylan
My old-shape 1.3 has no problem like this.
Yaris clutch noise - Chad.R
I'll quote what the dealer said "Don't worry, all Yaris's do it". My question is... do they ?

No, SWMBO's 1.3 old shape ('01) doesn't.
Yaris clutch noise - Collos25
What a silly answer, No all Yarsis's do not do it not do it unless something is not in the correct position.
Yaris clutch noise - far0n
So the next question is... what could it be ?
Yaris clutch noise - madf
Broken clutch plate spring?

Ask here:

toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?s=28b7f45ba3c32f6ad699491bc714ef
77&showforum=49

madf