Selling an old car - dragon
First posting here. I have a G reg Fiesta on which the brakes have just failed . It is repairable but it is not economic to have a garage do it and no one here is mechanically minded.

It does have an MOT but at the moment it is definitely not roadworthy . Is it legal for me to sell it in this condition?
Selling an old car - mss1tw
As long as it's honestly described and you make the seller aware it must not be driven away then yes, I can't see why not.
Selling an old car - artful dodger {P}
Suggest you pop it on ebay as spares/repair as there is nothing illegal in selling this way. Mention it has a MOT, but it unroadworthy as it has no brakes, so must be trailered away. If someone does not follow this advice then it is their problem, not yours as you have made them fully aware of the car not being roadworthy.

There must be someone out there who might want a cheap car with a little bit of work, or can see money from the parts.

Your only alternative is to scrap the car.
--
Roger
I read frequently, but only post when I have something useful to say.
Selling an old car - Galaxy
Probably safer to sell it to the scrapyard and avoid any possible subsequent hastles.

Selling an old car - Stuartli
Probably safer to sell it to the scrapyard>>

From what I gather these days you have to pay them....:-)

Check on local newspaper ads which often feature people wanting old cars.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Selling an old car - Westpig
get something in writing i.e. get the buyer to sign for the fact he/she knows it is not roadworthy and exactly what the fault is.......... saves potential arguements later when it's one persons word against anothers.......particularly if you do two copies and hand them one, it's a constant reminder of what they've signed and they can't say they signed something thay you changed later etc........ sad you've got to be like it really
Selling an old car - George Porge
Put spares or repair in your advert, job done. If it just needs £50 worth of discs pads then I'd be a shame to scrap it
Selling an old car - local yokel
I'll bet there is a mech. minded 17 y/o just waiting for it - advertise it in your local post office/paper shop window for £125, perhaps?
Selling an old car - dragon
Thanks everyone. I have now offered it on the local Freecycle group. Got a couple of interested parties already.