DVD based expert systems - Crinkly Dave
Apologies if this should be in the "discussion" forum, or my title is confusing.

A few months ago when I took daughter's car to the local independent for a query he was good enough to consult his "expert" system to locate a relay, and analyse time to find and replace it. You professionals will be familar with the sort of system I refer to. The sort of thing you will routinely consult before estimating a job.

Very expensive, and impressive. 3 dimensional display of vehicle, and summary of work including time required. All technical data for every component you could wish for. Covered wide range of vehicles, and updated quarterly.

I was so impressed I emailed the maker and queried whether they supply the same information on a one-off basis for a particular car, as it seemed far more useful than the usual Haynes manual. They did not respond to my email.

Has anyone made similar enquiries, but with more success?
DVD based expert systems - mss1tw
What is the car in question?
DVD based expert systems - Hamsafar
Maybe the garage was using Pirate software which is meant for the dealer franchises only?
These CD/DVDs used to be 10 a penny (£5 each actually) on ebay, but they seem to have banned them now.
DVD based expert systems - martint123
The Autodata books (expensive trade publications for costings, timing belts etc) are now available on DVD ISTR so it may be that you saw.
Did it look a bit like www.autodata.ltd.uk/frames/set_prod.htm ?
DVD based expert systems - Crinkly Dave
Thanks for the replies.

Car model does not really matter, but it was a 1995 Punto diesel (looks like a Punto but sounds like 2 skeletons having sex in a filing cabinet)

No, it certainly was not a pirate video. The cost of the quarterly DVD would buy me a replacement motor.

No it was not Autodata, but along those lines. Not just how to do it, but times, 3d views etc.