Infra red remote - Malcolm
Contacted my local Honda dealers this morning to price a second remote as only one was supplied with the car. After recovering from the shock of being told this would cost a whopping £74 I gathered my thoughts together and remembered that I had a small learning remote for tv etc and found that it learnt the code without any problem!
Re: Infra red remote - honest john
That's how the bad guys get into your car.

HJ
Re: Infra red remote - Malcolm
I beileve the bad guys copy the radio controlled remotes and this is why infra red remotes were introduced .To copy mine I had to have both remotes approx. 50mm apart, a difficult thing for any potential car thief to achieve.
Re: Infra red remote - david stone
:-)
Re: Infra red remote - richard turpin
I'm a good guy (david please note) but I find the imobiliser on my Golf a complete pain. If I get out to get something from the boot, I have to operate the remote again to start up. Does anyone know whether it's possible for a good guy to disconnect these nuisance devices and just use a good old key?
Re: Infra red remote - Dave N
I'd like to know also. I tried a couple of guys, and after much tooth sucking decided it wasn't a go-er. I just know that someday soon the alarm will get me stranded somewhere!