vauxhall 1.7 dti servicing - pete55
I bought vauxhall 1.7 dti envoy 03 reg with 66000 on clock i was told by main dealer it only needs servicing every 20000 miles and cam belt every 100000 but i was going to oil change it every 10000 inbetween but asking a local garage they told me i should get it serviced every 10000 and get cambelt chaned at 80000 i dont know what to do as i do a lot of miles (650 to1000 a week) and if i do the latter it will cost me a fortune. but if i service it as main dealer says will it be alright p.s 75% of my driving is motorway overnight
vauxhall 1.7 dti servicing - Dynamic Dave
Providing the correct oil is used (Vauxhalls long life fully synth - or equivalent) then changing the oil every 20k (or yearly (whichever comes soonest) *should* be fine. You're not doing short trips; you're getting your engine up to temperature and giving it long runs, which is better for the engine anyway.

Cambelt though, yes, I would change it slightly earlier than the recommended interval.
vauxhall 1.7 dti servicing - Grenache
I would be tempted to change the oil & filter MUCH more often than that. I have a diesel Vectra and the recommended interval is 10,000. I change the oil about 6000 and the car has done 195,000 miles so far.

If you look at any of the Haynes manuals, they always recommend doing an oil change twice as often as the manufacturer states. They also recommend changing the timin belt twice as often too.
vauxhall 1.7 dti servicing - Ian D
Pete

this thread I posted a few days ago may be of interest:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=4&t=43...2

Interestingly my Isuzu engines DTi Eco 4is on 20000 mile intervals with just 10w40 semi-synthetic oil being recommended, no mention of longlife oil. However I will be changing the oil/filter every 10K or maybe 7K.

Also, interestingly, I change the oi/filter 400 miles ago adn it still looks new, whereas I have previously changed a Golf TDi90 oil/filter and it was running black after 20 miles! So perhaps they do run cleaner/less sootier than other diesels