Renault Clio DCI - 100% Biofuel - Christopher
Greetings one and all.

I am soon to be moving to the middle of nowhere and am considering producing my own bio fuel through veg oil etc.
I have a renault clio DCi 65, anyone know if there are any problems with conversion of the car? Any advice would be appreciated.
Renault Clio DCI - 100% Biofuel - Altea Ego
Yes

Dont do it. This is a a highly complex high pressure common rail system. You will you will cream cracker the injectors and pump.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Renault Clio DCI - 100% Biofuel - GregSwain
My girlfriend also has a Clio DCi65, which I've thought about running on a mix of diesel & biofuel. Decided in the end that it's not worth the potential damage to the engine.

If you want to try biofuels, buy an old Pug106 with the non-turbo 1.5 litre engine. I know that Pug diesels run quite happily on a diesel/veg oil mix! Just give it the odd tank of "proper" diesel, which contains detergent to clear out the muck.
Renault Clio DCI - 100% Biofuel - Group B
Check this out and have a browse round the rest of the site:
www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?...6

Even if you did decide to try it in your Clio, it would be advisable to use the best quality biodiesel you can find, made to the EU standard. If making it yourself, can you guarantee it is top quality stuff and thoroughly washed and dried?
Personally I would not want to risk it in a CR engine, until more is known about compatibility. I agree with Greg, if you want to make your own fuel, buy an old pre- CR or PD car, so if it goes wrong it won't cost thousands to repair.