Posting active links........ - Mark (Brazil)
Here follows an example, let us hope I get it right....

The issue is, of course, if I write it exactly as it should be written, then it will get translated into a link and you won't be able to see the code line. So with some substitution;

(open angle bracket) a href="web address" target="_new">display text
angle brackets are these < & >.

Lines of code are like math sums. If you open a bracket or inverted comma, then you need to close it. Both are used to delimit single arguments which may be sub-divided into composite instructions.

If you like, it is the difference as follows;

6 = "2*3" = "(4-1)*2"

This logic needs to be followed. So it follows like this..

< instruction is starting and will continue until you reach >

href is the reference you need, so I open quotes, enter a text reference of the web address and then close quotes. It should interpret everything in between the quotes as a single instruction to be interpreted for href.

target is a qualifier, in this case relevant as to whether you use this window or a new IE window, here I would like to use a new window, hence target = "_new", again I quote it so that target is interpreted as _new.

I will now close that argument and give you the text to use, hence > and TEXT,
but now I want you to make this active so I will open < give you an argument - /a and then close >.

I know that I haven't got that exactly right, but this is coming from an old and fading memory, and it should be close enough.

As someone says, easiest to cut and past the line beginning with - a href, and then put a < & > at the beginning and end, insert your web address and chosen text and robert will most likely be your mother's brother.

Hope this helps, because I am not writing it again.

Also, if this software has interpreted my instructions I am going to mail MArtyn, ask him to remove it and never try to explain this again.
Re: Posting active links........ - Mark (Brazil)
it did translate one piece and showed this....

(open angle bracket) a href="web address" target="_new">display text

when I wanted it to show ...........

(open angle bracket) a href="web address" target="_new" (close angle bracket) display text (open angle bracket) (forward slash)a(close angle bracket)

I am not typing any more.

M.
Oh dear - Lee H
Sorry everyone & thanks Mark,

I've spent today running around trying to stop my Xantia leaking and avoiding paying off the mortgage of the local Citroen franchise service manager.

So I've not done anything about helping sort out this link thing, so big thanks to Mark for coming to everyone's rescue.

If anyone wants to show a photo to illustrate a problem, or perhaps you'd just like to show everyone how handsome/beautiful you are, I'm happy to receive emails at lee@southamerica.freeserve.co.uk mail link from where I'll put them publicly accessible on the Internet and put a link to them here. But _please_ don't flood me!

I think I'm almost there with the Xantia, but it's times like this that I realise just how it feels to have problems with your PC, as I feel exactly the same way when my car's ill. I understand computers, but cars......

I'll post an update on what I've done with the Xantia when I've finally fixed it.

Cheers all,
Lee.
Faces to names - Lee H
To kick off, here are a couple of pictures of backroomers.

Lee.
Re: Faces to names - Mark (Brazil)
Lee !!!

Haven't we met ??

TGI Fridays, Isidora Goyenechea, Santiago - quite a while ago ?

Or am I dreaming ?
Re: Faces to names - Lee H
It's a possibility, I spent a couple of weeks in Santiago, and TGI is the sort of latin culture place you'd find me. I was there February-ish 2000, would be a be freaky!

Lee.
Re: Faces to names - David W
Lee,

Why doesn't that page open for me?

David
Re: Faces to names - Lee H
Sorry David, I'm not sure, it's OK here on IE & Netscape. Perhaps you could try the old method on communities.msn.com/honestjohn/people.msnw

Where I've just added Randolph.

Lee.

(Thanks for the mail, will check it out tomorrow)
Photos. - David W
Lee,

Had a few problems with IE last night but it is fine this morning....photo page loads OK. Excellent.

That saline Cruiser is a mess. I would at least have sprayed the whole lot with Waxoyl but I guess they are expendable vehicles.

David
Lee H,

Do you remember talking to a small, bleached-blond Chilean girl who speaks very good english, although with somewhat of a piercing voice ? - in TGIF.

I am sure I can remember when I saw you.

M.
Hey Randolph, quite the English Gent ! (that's supposed to be a compliment).

Lee - stunningly good idea. Ask if you need any help at all. Excellent.
Re: Faces to names - Randolph Lee
Thanks Mark, if the shot had been full length you would have seen the matching plus-six britches, knee socks and the traditional short boots... the jeep has a (factory approved) Decoy Box that replaces and extends the tailgate area to hold 60 or so old fashoned wood decoys + 2 pair of either green wellingtons or hip boots depending on the planed hunting area and has been restored to its orignal hunting configuration for 2 gents with spaces for 2 pairs of guns in 2 paded case holders over the rear wheel arches, 2 labrador restraints in the rear seat and ammo storage under it... the Norfork Outfit is the one I wear for hunting

Happy Birthday Mark

Randolph
Nantucket Island USA