Is late December and early January the best time to buy a car from a dealer?

I'm think of buying a car and having narrowed it down to a couple of choices. Is December around Christmas and early New Year a better time from a buyers perspective to buy a new/used car from a dealer?

Asked on 8 October 2017 by SJN

No. Traditionally, right now has been best. The last two weeks of October and all of November. By December prices start to rise in anticipation of quite a strong rise from January onwards. Of course, things could change. But that's how it has been as long as I can remember.