Freelander mind of its own - Richard
The electric back window on my Freelander has its uses. For example, if someone tailgates, I can open the window and my Newfoundland dog leans out and dribbles on their bonnet. It also can be worked by fiddling with the remote control as you approach across a car park with an armful of shopping so you can tip things in without opening the tailgate if there is not much room.

However, it has twice opened itself overnight, letting in the rain and inviting thieves. The local service agent says this might be caused by passing police cars or taxis. My sister's remote control garage door did the same until its control frequency was changed.

Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
Re: Freelander mind of its own - Steve G
I can set my neighbours MGF alarm off by using my microwave.
Perhaps its a Rover thing ? Try your microwave !
Re: Freelander mind of its own - Albert
I sometimes would find the Primera unlocked in the integral garage , then realised i was pressing the key fob with the other keys attached inadvertantly, After that i always pressed lock last thing at night.
The A4 i drive now has a function were if the doors are unlocked but no door is opened within 30 secs then they automatically relock , i would think this is possible on any modern car , enquire at the dealer / check your handbook