Swiftcover - AllTorque
I have a problem with a claim under a Swiftcover comprehensive cover and am interested if anyone else has had any problems claiming.

Just wondered if I am a lone case however.

Please email me through the moderators if you have had any problems.

{Post amended to satisfy the forums rules on it's no naming / shaming policy. DD}

Swiftcover - RichardM
I'm currently with these, never made a claim, but all I'll add is that I *won't* be using them again when I renew.
Swiftcover - rja1980
Sorry to hear about this.

Who underwrites Swiftcover?
Swiftcover - barneybee
I'm also with Swiftcover not made a claim but was shocked when I called to insure my new car that they had my date of birth as 1/1/1970, some 11 years and several months prior to me being born! I definately did not enter my date of birth as such, so I'm miffed how on earth that happened. Thanks to that my premium doubled and they'll lose my business at renewals time.

Swiftcover - Jian Hawk

The time limit for insurance claim generally depends on the insurance provider and the laws of your state in which you are living. Normally, the insurance claim for personal injuries should be filled within the two years, and property damage insurance claims must be filed within three years.

The important thing that you need to keep in mind is to resolve your claim within the time period alloted, but you do need to have it filed in court. For further related information you can link on to

No you can't.

Edited by Avant on 03/08/2017 at 19:51

Swiftcover - oldroverboy.

For further related information you can link on to phonenumbercustomerservice.co.uk/swiftcover-custom.../ online.

This leads to a premium rate number.

Swiftcover - Jian Hawk

Hi oldroverboy

I think there must be some other number too, where you can text or call, free number. Isn't that?

www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

Go to say no to o870.. you will get all the numbers there.

Swiftcover - RobJP

The time limit for insurance claim generally depends on the insurance provider and the laws of your state in which you are living. Normally, the insurance claim for personal injuries should be filled within the two years, and property damage insurance claims must be filed within three years.

The important thing that you need to keep in mind is to resolve your claim within the time period alloted, but you do need to have it filed in court. For further related information you can link on to xxxx

Well, you're obviously incompetent - this is a motoring website AIMED AT THE UK, so 'laws of your state' do not apply.

Secondly, you claim that there is a 2 year personal injury claim time limit, and a 3 year property time limit. But then you quote www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/79139/is-there-a...m which is quite clear that the property time limit is 6 years.

Please go back to spamming your nonsense in other countries.

Edited by Avant on 03/08/2017 at 19:52

Swiftcover - Jian Hawk

Hi Rob Jp

I am looking to collect the same information. I just got the information and I put it here. Does not mean I am spamming, Yes may be you are a spammer and just want to be a hero here by saying spammer to other

Edited by Jian Hawk on 02/08/2017 at 16:10

Swiftcover - Tester

RobJP is a regular, sensible, measured and (i would say) respected contributor to this site. Perhaps you are not spamming but your reply will not do much to convince people of that.

Swiftcover - Jian Hawk

Hi (Tester)

I am also interested to get something new for this topic. But if someone is thinking that share their views is spamming, then what I say.....

Sorry if I am wrong.

Swiftcover - argybargy

Not Swiftcover, so not strictly relevant to the OP.

However, a good few years ago I arranged very competitive motor cover for my son with a company which has the same name as a town in the South East where a famous battle was fought.

We were delighted with the price because he'd only been driving for a year and they'd quoted well under five hundred quid. However our joy was shortlived, because days after arranging the policy we received a letter informing him that they'd made a mistake when calculating his premium, and that they were cancelling his insurance. No recalculation or offer of short term insurance to give him more than just a few days to find something else: just cancellation.

I thought that was pretty shabby, and I certainly won't touch that company again. Them and their bliddy seagull.

Edited by argybargy on 02/08/2017 at 16:19

Swiftcover - Halmerend

I was with Swift for a few years and really happy with them until I needed to make a claim.

In a nutshell someone hit me on a pub car park, CCTV revealed the company but not the registration number.

They said there was nothing they could do but I fought the case and did all the the chasing and detective work myself. Guy admitted it a week before it was due in court but it took me 18 months.

Ditched them at next renewal.

Forgot to add - I could never get through on the phone which stressed me out.

Edited by RobertT on 02/08/2017 at 22:41

Swiftcover - Galaxy

A friend of mine insured with Swiftcover some years ago.

He only ever went with them for one year, which he more-or-less knew would be the case when he originally took out the policy. He gave Swiftcover his business because they gave him a fairly low quote.

Needless to say, when the policy came up for renewal a year later, in spite of the fact he'd had no claims or other incidents, they wanted an absolute fortune!

He decided to seek insurance cover elsewhere.

Swiftcover - Gibbo_Wirral

This is a very old thread - from 2006 - bumped for some unknown reason.

Swiftcover - RT

Bumped by the spammer.

Bumped by the spammer.

But, some of the replies were amusing and there is the link now for saynoto0870 to help avoid the premium rate numbers..

Perhaps avant can close the thread..

Done, and thanks for reporting it.

Edited by Avant on 03/08/2017 at 19:53