The Fast And The Furious - Honest John
If you're stuck inside this weekend and don't fancy any of the dross on the telly, I recommend you nip out and rent this on DVD or Video. It's set in California, the lead is played by Vin Diesel, it's shot like a video game and the cars are something else. Tricked up RX7s, Integras, Supras (Tomo), Skylines, Civic Coupes and lots more including (curiously) a Vento VR6. And oh, yes, a supercharged Dodge Charger. It's really well lit, atmospheric, different and has the necessary eye candy too, but no smut. After all, this is America where it's okay for kids to watch cars street racing in the city at 160mph and fine for kids to see people shooting each other to bits but not okay for them to see any sex. Can anyone identify the other motors? Obviously there must have been a feature in Max Power or Rves that passed me by.

HJ
Re: The Fast And The Furious - Webbman
Funnily enough i have the original art work for the DVD cover in photoshop psd file ... as my friend designed it in London..hehehe...

great film, fast cars , great women , what more could u ask for!...

ps...got the new spiderman dvd cover which again my friend is designing.... :)
Re: The Fast And The Furious - Idris Francis
Many prewar cars had batteries under the back seat - eg my 1938 and 1939 Alvis, and many others - 2 X 6v batteries, one either side of prop shaft

Abdurd to think that the largely DC , or now rectified AC fields at alternator frequencies could be significant

IdrisWebbman wrote:
>
> Funnily enough i have the original art work for the DVD cover
> in photoshop psd file ... as my friend designed it in
> London..hehehe...
>
> great film, fast cars , great women , what more could u ask
> for!...
>
> ps...got the new spiderman dvd cover which again my friend is
> designing.... :)
Re: The Fast And The Furious - markymarkn
Great Film - watched it last night as it happens

I remember an article (think it was in Max Power) about the car in the film. The guy had won a few awards with it and was selling it! The Vento was in another magazine too.

All the cars used were actual peoples cars who do this stuff on a regular basis.

Wonder when there gonna bring out 'The Landie and the Furious'? 'tricked-up' landies racing across muddy fields? hmmm food for thought...

Mark.
Re: The Fast And The Furious - Alyn Beattie
Sounds good to me. Where do I and my Series 111 sign up?
Re: The Fast And The Furious - John S
Mark

It's been done. 'Pulling power' (nothing to do with women - just off-roaders), HTV 10-30, Mondays.

Didn't quite meet the description of Fast and Furious though.

Regards

john
Re: The Fast And The Furious - Phil
It is the best crap film I have ever seen. Thoroughly enjoyable despite dire acting and plot!
Re: The Fast And The Furious - Tomo
Thanks HJ!

Amazon think it has not been published yet but took an order.

I hope Toad does not seem too tame afterwards!

Best regards, Tomo.