Semi-busted Xantia cooling fan - ChrisP
Hi all,

Having now worked out why the coolant temp was fluctuating so much, it appears the retaining screw that holds the blades onto the left motor has done a runner, hence the blades have now fallen off (but are thankfully trapped between the grill/bumper and motor). Must have been off for a week or two by now!

Do any of the citroen gurus, or anyone else out there know what size the retaining screw is?
(I won't have time to dismantle it until the w/e to look at the other, and it doesn't look like the easiest job to remove the assembly in restricted space with grill removed)
Hopefully it isn't just the head of the screw that is missing, the rest still in situ :-(

The second fan appears to be working properly so the temp is kept to reasonable levels at the moment, but with the air-con on and working the engine hard, the temp does rise quite rapidly (but still won't hit 90 in normal driving).

Any help appreciated,

Chris
Re: Semi-busted Xantia cooling fan - David W
Sorry Chris I have been lucky enough not to suffer this on a Xantia, hence I've not seen the fixing.

David
Re: Semi-busted Xantia cooling fan - Chris
Hi,

Ah well, thought I should at least ask!!
For anyone else that may come across this problem (although unlikely as mine has had the motors replaced before hence the retaining screw might not have been put back tight enough/thread locked or whatever) the screw is 4x70x10 according to those nice folks at citroen ;-)

Cheers,
Chris