Supermarket Fuel - Quality? - islandman
I have read recently that certain BMW engines (manufactured in the 90's) were the subject of a recall to prevent possible damage due to high sulphur content 'mainly in low quality supermarket unleaded'
Is supermarket fuel really any different in quality to branded fuel - I do recall hearing this claim many years ago when the supermarkets started selling fuel and were undercutting local garages but is this still the case. At my local supermarket, I think the tanker that delivers the fuel is a BP tanker. Does this mean the fuel is BP or is this just a delvery vehicle? What I know for sure is that 20 or so years ago there were about 12 garages where you could get fuel locally, now there are 2! That must be the same everywhere though.
So if the supermarket fuel is lower quality, is it worth long term paying a bit more for better quality? Assuming you find an alternative!

Supermarket Fuel - Quality? - stan_deezy
Several years ago I was working at the BP oil refinery at Grangemouth in Scotland. Up until then I had niavely assumed that fuel in supermarket garages was different.
I used to watch the fuel tankers arrive at the same tank in the refinery and load up. Interestingly during my time at the BP refinery I saw a huge variety of tankers arrive and load; and not all of them were BP :D
Supermarket Fuel - Quality? - Stuartli
Presumably you missed this thread:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=22...9
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Supermarket Fuel - Quality? - islandman
Presumably you missed this thread:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=22...9
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What's for you won't pass you by

Thanks, Yes I do now recall this one. I'll blame it on Sunday morning - I'm sure you know what I mean!!

Cheers