Brake fluid and bad luck - JohnyM
Last week me and my mate traveled in the very early morning to work, we came to a small empty junction (in Leeds) and when I tried to brake the Micra brakes pedal went all the way to the floor (basically no brakes). We were going only 27 mph and the junction was empty so we were lucky enough to cross it in red and stop on the other side. We were towed home and found out that the brakes pump has gone. The next week I got a camera notification for going on red light which was on for 66 seconds.
Great! I will pay it and get 3 points on my provo license but how can I complain to the police that a technical brakedown caused all this mess? Do I have any rights?
Brake fluid and bad luck - Adam {P}
Not that I want to panic you any more (and I'm glad you're alright after your ordeal) but have they said it will be 3 points? I only ask because I was under the impression that the penalty goes up after a certain threshold on which the lights have been red for.

Don't take what I'm about to say next as the truth - it's simply guesswork.

I can't see how the Police would be sympathetic - in fact, I'd be careful what you say as you're admitting to having an unroadworthy vehicle. Of course, I doubt they'd do anything about that but I doubt too that it would do you any good.

I take it your provisional licence is clean up until this point?
--
Adam
Brake fluid and bad luck - JohnyM
Yes my provo is clean, and the Micra is back on th road again, it is usually a reliable vhicle but we had to replace the pump at a cost of £120. The vhicle is well maintained and pass it's MOT year on year, and far as I remember this is the first time it had such mechanical failure. So it is roadworhy but don't the police have some room to accomodate such failures? or is it just bad luck all the way?

John
Brake fluid and bad luck - blue_haddock
You might find if you try to wriggle out of the red light charge they will try to do you for driving a vehicle with defective brakes or something similar.
Brake fluid and bad luck - Dynamic Dave
Sorry, but this thread has a deja vu feel about it.

I am highly suspicious that you are the same person as the authors of the following threads.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=34061
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=34064

Stop making pathetic excuses to elude the law, and pay the fine.

Thread locked. and all accounts disabled.

DD.