ByPass Immobliser - vw polo - Polo95
Hi,
I drive a VW Polo 1.6 CL (N Reg). I have lost the remote of central locking and alarm. I think the car has a built in immobliser as well (I am not sure about it but the technical specs of the model say it). Is there any way I can either take the immobiliser and alarm system out and still able to start the car ( I can live without central locking) or be able to create a replacement remote. Any help please.

Cheers
H
ByPass Immobliser - Dynamic Dave
I think the car has a built in immobliser as well

It will have an immobiliser, as all cars built after around 1994 (IIRC) had to have them as standard fitment.

As for asking advice on how to remove or disable the immobiliser and alarm, I request that such information is not posted here, because we wouldn't want any would be thieves knowing how to do it.

I see that your profile is currently hidden - might I suggest you make it public, that way anyone with the relevant information to remove the alarm/immolbiliser could email it to you directly instead, without contravening our forum policy.

DD. BR Moderator.
ByPass Immobliser - Polo95
Sorry moderator, didn't realise that it could be potential hazard. I have made my profile public.

Yes, I figured out that it is an immobliser and it is a standard factory fitted one. Went to the dealer, who said that the these older ones are not supported anymore. The locksmith and garage people says only the dealer can help me. I think I am just stuck now.
ByPass Immobliser - Dynamic Dave
Further to my above message,

See if these guys can help:-

www.alarmremotes.co.uk/index.htm
ByPass Immobliser - Polo95
Hi,
I have just found out that the car has got a builtin immobiliser and the alarm was installed by the first owner of the car. Also, a guy has told me that I can replace my alarm with a new one and I won't need the old remote anymore. I still do have a spare car key with me.

Any idea guys, can I do it. Please, any help would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Hamid
ByPass Immobliser - vw polo - Railroad.
The immobiliser will be the transponder type which is most common on modern cars. All later VWs will have this type, the only question is whether your is slightly too early.

If it is the transponder type you won't be able to by-pass it, and they very rarely give trouble anyway....