I want to sell my car but have lost the V5C - how do I get a new one?

I am looking to sell my car but cannot find the V5C logbook. What is the procedure for getting a new one and will this delay the sale?

Asked on 20 August 2019 by Rob Young

Answered by Keith Moody
Getting a new logbook costs £25. You can apply for a new logbook by phone if you’re the registered keeper, but if you're address or details have changed you have to apply by post. It can take five days to get a new logbook. If you do apply by post, you'll need to fill in form V62 and send it to DVLA SA99 1DD with a cheque or postal order for £25 made payable to ‘DVLA, Swansea’.