Jaguar warranty - can we cancel it? - Carmad 10000
Hi,

My dad brought a jaguar xk8 in july - and he extended the warranty for the car through jaguar in January at a cost of £1100 for 12 months. Anyway, he has decided that it may be best to sell the car for a 4 door vehicle - where does he stand in terms of cancelling the extended guarantee?

He looked at the policy and it doesnt give a lot of detail. Would appreciate some help - although I work in the car industry, I am incertain where he stands.

Thanks,

Chris
Jaguar warranty - can we cancel it? - Quinny100
I don't think he has any claim to cancel the warranty at this stage. He's had 3 months protection from it now - just because he hasn't claimed doesn't entitle him to his money back.

The best bet would be to sell the car and advertise the warranty and hope a buyer will pay a bit more because of it.
Jaguar warranty - can we cancel it? - Carmad 10000
Yea, thats what i thought. However, he doesnt mind forefitting some of the cost - but not the entire £1100 - maybe they would do something for him? Is this likely though?
Jaguar warranty - can we cancel it? - DavidHM
Not unheard of, but he can't insist on it - although if it can't be cancelled it probably can be transferred. Ultimately, unless there is someone on here who knows the small print of Jaguar warranties then all we can really do is refer you to them, and to their own small print.