Things you notice - T.G.Webb
I seldom buy a car but I've bought a new Zafira 2DTi recently and when I got a chance to examine it several things struck me.

The engine compartment is really impressively tightpacked. I've no ambitions for home maintenance but this would kill any such stone dead. If there is front end damage the bill would be expensive, GM have tucked in the fan and the turbo intercooler right behind the bumper member and the compartment must be expected to run hot since there is a neat insulating jacket over the battery.

The "deluxe" front seats have a strange panel at the front which is free to slide forward about several inches, it looks like it's meant to support your leg further towards your knee but it seems more comfortable if left alone.

The side mouldings look like they are made of soft rubber but in fact they are hard plastic with an aggressive end profile. Together with a strong detente it means that I'll have to be particularly careful in car parks.

Well, at least it's got an honest chain cam drive - bye bye GF25 , GF50 and all that.
Re: Things you notice - Guy Lacey
The adjustable bolster under the thigh is a fantastic idea and common on exec mobiles such as BMW's I think. For people like myself with 36" inside leg it helps but also for people with short legs as this can be just as awkward having a fixed seat.