1994 306 1.8 XU7 warning lamp - SjB {P}
After a number of months without making a single appearance, the auto diagnostics warning lamp on my wife's 29,000 mile 1994 306 1.8 SR Sedan has illuminated several times over the past few days. The caption for this lamp looks like the side view of an engine with a letter 'K' inside it.

Whilst the lamp is illuminated, the engine continues to produce normal power, with the only indications that something is wrong being:

(a) The lamp is illuminated
(b) If the car is coasted, engine revs only drop to 1200RPM and not the normal 900RPM idle.

Whether co-incidental or not, every time the lamp has illuminated it has been during main road cruising on a wet day with the engine thoroughly warmed through, and it has self extinguished after ten seconds or so.

Foolish of me to think that not making an appearance for a few months meant that the problem had gone away!

Anyway, I cannot get the car over to my trusty Pug Indy for a couple of weeks, but if something relatively inexpensive stands out from a list of known XU7 engine / Magnetti Marelli 8P ECU gremlins, I'm quite prepared to take a chance and fit it myself.

Many thanks for any help you can give.