Car delivery co gone bust - Ivor E Tower
Apologies if this has been covered in the past few weeks whilst I've been away from the forums...
My parents ordered a new car in mid-July for delivery 3rd week of September. They are still waiting....
Part of the reason for delay has been, according to the supplying main dealer, that the car delivery (transporter) firm that the manufacturer uses in the UK has gone bust. Anyone know which firm this is? - and what happens to the new cars in their pounds awaiting delivery?
Car delivery co gone bust - petesbabes
what car are they waiting for? ive got a feeling it could be richard lawsons (but dont take this as gospel), ive heard something about them going pear shaped, dont know weather thats true though.
Car delivery co gone bust - tartanraider
Lawsons have gone into administration but I believe deliveries are being maintained as normal,someone's telling porkies.....
Without wishing to name names, the car in quetion is made in Sweden and starts with the letter "V". It has apparently now arrived at the dealership and is being readied for 1 November collection.
Car delivery co gone bust - Robin Reliant
Vauxhall's made in Sweden? Someones pulling you leg, Ivor.
Car delivery co gone bust - rhino
Had a call today to say that my 'V' is arriving at the dealership on Saturday, two weeks ahead of the date I was given a month ago. So it can't be all bad:)
Tom - Vauxhalls are not made in Sweden yet (unless they are badged SAAB or Subaru?), neither are Volkswagens.
Rhino - enjoy - the XC90 is one of the few 4x4's that I wouldn't mind owning. Getting in and out of the rearmost seats is a bit of a challenge though, and adults (well, certainly me) cannot get a proper seating in them due to lack of legroom. I'm a bit put off by the tyres apparently only being made by Continental and therefore replacement items are expensive and hard to find.
So can anyone confirm if it was/is Lawsons who are in difficulties?
Car delivery co gone bust - madux
They are probably still trying to dredge up your car from the sea off Belgium.
Car delivery co gone bust - Simon
Yes Richard Lawsons are in financial difficulty/administration.
Madux - no, it's not left-hand drive and wasn't due to be shipped to them via USA! It's now at the dealership - dad was there today to sort out paperwork (insurance certificate etc) and will collect it next week-end. Can't wait until it's my turn to have a go!