Mondeo clutch problem - dobinthemule
I have a 2000 (old shape) Mondeo which has covered just under 60000 miles (manual). The clutch has started to feel odd and is slipping when the drive is taken up. It doesn't feel like normal clutch failure due to clutch plate wear (and I would be surprised at this mileage as my driving style is light on clutches). When I say odd it seems that when you release the pedal it appears as though the drive is taken up quite slowly even if you release the pedal instantly (makes it very difficult to move into a small gap but virtually impossible to stall!). Once the clutch has engaged it seems to drive normally and goes up hills in 2nd, 3rd and accelerates fine with no obvious signs of slip. Has anybody come across something similar?

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers

Rob
Mondeo clutch problem - Pete F
Sounds as though there is a restriction in the clutch pipe. Press clutch to floor and slip foot to side. Does pedal come up with a bang or just rise slowly? If it rises slowly then check pipe for kinks/damage. Also there may be a restrictor in the pipe to prevent too sharp clutch engagement and this may have failed causing too much restriction.

I am not familiar with this car but these are just some thoughts of a Ford engineer.