Wheel trim repair? - Roberson
Hope you can help.

Whilst trying to parallel park today, I got a bit too close to a high kerb and ended up giving my poor old trims a bit of scuff. :-(

Thing is, they were nearly perfect, and the originals from when the car was new, so I wont throw them away and with the car being 13 years old, they're not easy to come by.

So, the question is, can you repare moderate scuffs on plastic wheel trims? And if so, what do you recommend?
Wheel trim repair? - PhilW
If they are only scuffed, not cracked, chunks missing etc a can of "Silver Wheels" spray does the job - from any motor shop - Halfords etc
Wheel trim repair? - Roberson
Thanks for that.

They are not chipped, but the scuffs are deep enough to leave 'scraggy ends' if you know what I mean.

Has anyone used this kind of paint before. (Is it not too shiny etc)

Thanks again
Wheel trim repair? - PhilW
I would use some emery to smooth off the "scraggy ends" then spray. It's not too glossy and matched the "silver" of my wheel trims almost perfectly, difference is unnoticeable unless you get down on your knees and inspect closely- car was a demonstrator and one front and one rear trim had been scuffed.
Wheel trim repair? - Victorbox
You might want to decide if your trims have silver paint with a clear lacquer coating on top. In which case you may need to spray a clear lacquer coat to match other trims. If you spray many thin coats (rather than a couple of thick ones) you will find the paint tends to fill any shallow scrapes you can't sand out.