Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec - Monaro
I am looking for a little help on behalf of a friend about a Fiesta 1.25 Zetec. The car is, I think, a T plate and has done around 50k miles (again I think).

The problem is that the car, when pulling away, has very little power. It is almost as if it hestitates, thinks about stalling, decides not to and then increases its revs.
Then in second and third, around 2k revs it almost kangaroos. It does this with all drivers and has just been serviced and is no better.
Otherwise, I believe it behaves okay.

My apologies about the poor description, but does anyone have any ideas about what is the problem?

Many thanks in advance for your responses.

Paul
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec - Ford Dagenham
Hi

Could it be the throttle position sensor sticking

a binding drive belt
--
(iam not a mechanic)

Martin Winters
Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec - Dynamic Dave

Forum search (just under where you log in/out)

Plenty of previous discussions in Technical Matters regarding Ford and revving problems.

Ford Fiesta 1.25 Zetec - Kingpin
Does it idle smoothly when stationary? The problem may be the ignition leads causing problems when the engine is put under load when pulling away and driving at lower speeds. I had a similar problem on my 1998 model, a real misfire and jerking when asking the car to pull away - Ford dealer diagnosed ignition coil fault, possibly High tension ignition lead also.
I would check this and the spark plugs before moving on to the fuel and air intake system.