Hand gestures and UK vs Germany - JohnX
Taken from the autobahn post below regarding rules in Germany-
"If you make a rude hand gesture or similar to another driver, he can, and will, drive to the nearest police station and pass on your reg. nr. You will probably be charged and fined with "Fahrerbeleidigung" (Insulting a driver). The fine isn't much, but this actually happened to a friend of mine!"

Is there anything similiar in the U.K?
Wonder how much extra money can be made in this way by the exchequer? Probably we could even get a part of our road tax refunded simply because the amounts involved would be massive!!
Hand gestures and UK vs Germany - Robin Reliant
Without an independant witness also willing to give up his time and visit the police station to make a statement and fill in endless forms I would think it would be almost impossible to make that one stick.

Unless of course, it becomes one of those pc crimes where the mere fact someone complains means a prolonged investigation no matter how ridiculous the evidence.
Hand gestures and UK vs Germany - Dwight Van Driver
Not prevelant when I was in but seems incidents are increasing.
So what would do now if still in?
Take statement from complainant, interview offender and submit file for complaint to be made at Mags Court under Section 115 Magistrates Court Act 1980.
Offence: Conduct likely to cause Breach of the peace. Common Law.
Punishment: Bind over by Court to be of good behaviour.

Really bad cases consider action under S.4 Public Order Act 1986 - abusive conduct.

Any defence P.U.?

DVD
Hand gestures and UK vs Germany - Sooty Tailpipes
This is the country where if you own a dartboard and some darts you will be jailed.
Hand gestures and UK vs Germany - andymc {P}
Please tell me this refers to something that really happened, that would be just to good to be true - even if not motoring related!
--
andymc
Hand gestures and UK vs Germany - andymc {P}
Aaaarrrrgh!
TOO good to be true, even. (To think I was once a proofreader ...)
--
andymc
Hand gestures and UK vs Germany - xam
Without an independant witness also willing to give up his time
and visit the police station to make a statement and fill
in endless forms I would think it would be almost impossible
to make that one stick.
Unless of course, it becomes one of those pc crimes where
the mere fact someone complains means a prolonged investigation no matter
how ridiculous the evidence.

>>

Unfortunately in German law the accuser is given more legal weight than the accused

Xam