Parking near London - edisdead {P}
Hi Folks,
I'm going to see the RedHotChiliPeppers at Hyde Park tomorrow evening. I need to get from South West England to central London. Four travelling, so we have discounted going by train on cost grounds. Can anyone recommend a suitable station where we can park up and train/tube into Hyde Park Corner? I was thinking somewhere on the Piccadilly line but my knowledge of the SouthEast is limited. Any advice would be very gratefully received.
Thanks in advance.
Ed.
Parking near London - Mapmaker
The Piccadilly line runs into the South West :)

How about Heathrow? I don't know what time your concert is, but driving through/to London on a Friday night would be somewhere towards the bottom of my list of favourite things to do...

I doubt you'll find too much trouble parking in the street near Osterley/Hounslow tube stations, but it's several years since I was last down there; it doesn't generally cost you much more than a pound or two in station carparks that far out of town by the evening, but I may be wrong in these cases.

Trains from places like Sunbury/Staines all go into Waterloo & make VW dealer-attitude problems seeem like a breath of fresh air!

Just allow plenty of time. And then some. And then another hour just in case!
Cheers for your advice Mapmaker. I'm favouring getting off the M4 somewhere near Heathrow. Just found a page on the TfL site which suggests that the majority of "London Underground's ten most underused car parks" are on the western Piccadilly line, I think i'll aim for Hounslow.
Ed.
Parking near London - No Do$h
There\'s loads of free on-street parking at Ickenham (Park on Long Lane near the junction with Glebe Avenue - see map at makeashorterlink.com/?N10A523A8). Get the Picadilly line to Hyde Park Corner (takes about 35 minutes). Simple.

Ickenham tube can be found by leaving the A40(M) at Hillingdon and following the signs for....... Ickenham! I think it\'s the third exit from the A40(M) once you get inside the M25.
Parking near London - bradgate
Agreed, Mapmaker.

Osterley is an excellent bet. The station is on the A4, so simply take that road into London from LHR, drive past the station, take the next left and park free of charge in a residential street 200m from the station. Easy.
Cheers for your help all.
What a wonderful place the backroom is.
Ed.
Parking near London - henry k
Hi Folks,
I need to get from South West England to central
London. Four travelling, so we have discounted going by train
on cost grounds. Can anyone recommend a suitable station where
we can park up and train/tube into Hyde Park Corner?
I was thinking somewhere on the Piccadilly line but my knowledge
of the SouthEast is limited. Any advice would be very
gratefully received.

I agree the Piccadilly line is best bet. I know areas to park.
What time are you planning to get on the tube?
What route are you planning as you near London?
I can then advise you on local routes from M3, M4, and other roads etc. They are not always obvious and you can often avoid heavy traffic.
I know the Hounslow area and also routes approaching it.
I lived at Hounslow for many years and am often in the area but not there before tomorrow night.
O
From SW I would have thought the M3 approach.
I would avoid the M4 approaching LHR

Anyway my suggestion if it is M3

M3 to the end becomes the A316
Take the 2nd slip road, A314 to Hounslow.
A315 past Hounslow bus garage.
At Isleworth Fire Station turn left into Spring Grove Road B363
2nd right into Thornbury Road
Continue until A4 dual carriageway in view.
Park up just before reaching A4
Osterly tube station is just along the A4 to the left.
Cross over A4 by underpass or run across.

This route is simple and once you have turned off the M3/A316 it is straight on til you see the Fire Station.
If you go too far then you will reach the railway bridge over you at Isleworth Station just a few hundred yards on.

Return same route in reverse or
If you want M4 take A4 West and turn right at second roundabout
A312 to M4 J3
Parking near London - PhilW
"Return same route in reverse "
Can't he do a three point turn and come out forwards? Must be narrow streets down there in far off Lunnun
"Return same route in reverse "
Can't he do a three point turn and come out forwards?
Must be narrow streets down there in far off Lunnun

But rear wheel steering is much more fun!
If you are using the M4 any time about the rush hours
Then I would exit J5 and take the A4 towards London.
Then take the first turning into LHR towards T1,T2,T3
Do not turn down the ramp to M4 spur.
Turn left at the perimeter fence.
East along the Northern perimeter road. It will turn South.
At Hatton Cross tube Station exit Left onto A30.
This joins A4.
When eventually the road climbs up over tube line at Osterley turn left before station.
Take 1st right and park.
There is a footbridge to the station.

This may not be the quickest route but it will stand a better
chance of getting you there avoiding the worst queues

P.S, it is not usually easy to park near Hatton Cross tube station.
Cheers for all the detailed advice folks sorry I missed your posts! West Hounslow's cctv car park swung it in the end.
Ed.