Creaking Suspension - Y Reg Vectra - Deryck Tintagel
It\'s been happening for a while now - the front suspension creaks.

This happens when I go over the speed bumps in the work\'s car park - five of the things - which I cross at about 10~15mph. It also happens on the speed reduction bumps and tables on the highway.

I thought that the creak was heard mainly inside the car but I wound the windows down and get a quite loud creak from outside the car.

It doesn\'t creak on normal road surfaces and under normal driving conditions.

Any thoughts? Should I take the car to the dealer for a look?
Creaking Suspension - Mobile Office

By interest, what car have you got?

My W reg Astra does exactly as you describe for your car on speed bumps. I have only really noticed it since the colder weather and only when the cars cold too, as when I come off my 60 mile motorway journey to work it doesn't creak. I put it down to dry/cold suspension components so I sprayed the swing arm rubber bushes with WD40 at the weekend out of desperation.........and made no difference whatsoever.

Apologies for replying but not actually giving you a solution, but at least I feel your pain.

I found myself just turning up the radio........

Creaking Suspension - Deryck Tintagel
Must be a Vauxhall thing - I have a 2001 Y-plate Vectra
Creaking Suspension - Dynamic Dave
From memory, this'll be a Vauxhall - right?

My Vectra does exactly the same thing, much worse in the winter when the temperature drops. Garage had a look last month when they serviced it and found nothing untoward. They lubricated all the front suspension components and it still does it. Even our postman's Corsa van makes the same noise when it goes over the speed hump at the end of the road. It *must* be a Vauxhall thing.
Creaking Suspension - Dynamic Dave
Tee Hee. Great minds think alike.

{I\'ve edited in the make of car into the subject header}
Creaking Suspension - prm
Strange, my Vectra used to do this over speed bumps during the very hot spell, stopped completely when it got colder.
Creaking Suspension - SjB {P}
The front suspension of My P plate V6 Sri Estate would sometimes creak, as would that of the W plate V6 GSi Estate that replaced it. The same also applied to my brother's T and W plate LS Estates. For all four cars this was in dry weather, regardless of ambient temperature, and had absolutely no effect on suspension operation.

Out of interest, one coil pack on the SRi Estate when brand new aside, creaking suspension was about as near to a fault as we got in a combined eleven years of tenureship, and the GSi Estate in particular looked great and was terrific fun to drive. Just wish the insurance had been more affordable (actually only one company would even quote!) when SWMBO passed her driving test, and we could have kept it in the fold.
Creaking Suspension - Y Reg Vectra - Mick G
Hi, got exactly the same problem with my "W" reg Vectra 1.8 LS with 40K miles on the clock. Seems worse in the cold and dry. Anyone any ideas?
Creaking Suspension - Y Reg Vectra - El Hacko
just an observation from a not very technically adept observer -I've long noticed that in cold weather most cars seem noisier, and convinced myself the reason is:
the sound proofing material perhaps hardens, reducing its effectiveness until things warm up.
and isn't dampness a natural lubricant?
i'll wait to be shot down in flames....
Creaking Suspension - Y Reg Vectra - Ford Dagenham
Hello

My Wifes 1990 Fiesta creaks from the rear swing arms when you corner or get out of the vehicle.

I have also used some of that W40 spray and it doesent work.

Best Regards
Martin Winters
Creaking Suspension - Y Reg Vectra - pullgees
Anti roll bar bushes could be worn. When they get too bad it is an MOT fail. Spray em with WD40. This wont cure the problem but will make the creaking go away for a day. To get the old ones out takes brute force with a lump hammer and bolster, smashing them up as you go, not a pleasent job.