Unusual entry on V5 - JohnX
Does anyone know what this means on the V5?
Vehicle- an Almera 1998 from a home dealer with 52000 miles on the clock and 2 previous owners.
Everything else seemed alright until I saw the V5.
Apart fron the names and addresses of the 2 previous owners,it had this entry on two places in the V5 ie
"Previously Registered and/or used elsewhere in the UK"
The seller didnt seem to have any idea about what it what when I asked him.
He said that the Hpi check had been done though it wasnt with him.
Any clues on whats going on anyone?
Thanks in advance.

Unusual entry on V5 - M.M
Don't know about the V5 but there is only one proper HPI check...one done by yourself today.

I've seen folks refer to a car being HPI'd and when you look the certificate is for the last time it was sold 12 months ago!

M.M
Unusual entry on V5 - Hugo {P}
Before you do an HPI check, get the chassis number off the car (not the V5), check it against the V5 and contact a Nissan garage to get the MY confirmed.

My mum's Almera was originally registered in southern Ireland before having UK plates on it, she bought it from a catholic priest. So it's probably nothing sinister.

Hugo

"Forever indebted to experience of others"
Unusual entry on V5 - Dwight Van Driver
Have the same on V5 for the XR3i but "used overseas"

It was imported to GB at 4 months old having been used as a Hire Car in Jersey.

DVLA site on the Web has an E Mail contact address. Put it to them after checking VIN and Engine Numbers against paperwork you have.

DVD
Unusual entry on V5 - DavidHM
More than likely this car was used in Northern Ireland. It's possible it's also been the subject of a cherished number transfer but that's unlikely.

In the end, if you have any doubts about a car's history, HPI it - or get the AA to do it here: tinyurl.com/ahxe
Unusual entry on V5 - dodo
Yes Northern Ireland is still (only just mind you) part of the UK. If you bring a car from NI to the mainland you can opt to have ot registred with a mainland registration number with the correct number. Several years ago I bought my mum in law in Farnham an immaculate Rover which when I brought it over from NI went onto an 'M' instead of IIL. By the way second cars are much cheaper here than in the rest of the UK!

Value my car