UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Ashley
It's raining in my green and pleasant land, so i've just watched a film on Uk Living. Sad, i know but it was so unbelievable i had to see what happened in the end ! It was called ' Runaway Car ' and starred Judge Reindhold ( spelling is iffy but he was the thinner copper in Beverley Hills cop ). Him, another bloke and a woman with a baby were trapped in a car in which the accelerator stuck, the brakes burned out, the gears were stuck and the ignition switch jammed and the key snapped in it in the process of forcing it, how unlucky can you get 'eh ? She was driving by the way.

Anyway, after a rollercoaster ride in which they'd popped the bonnet open to try and climb out and disable the electrics whilst balanced on the engine bay at 90mph, and used a patrol car to try and slow it down, winched the baby out of the sunroof with a helicopter, they eventually ran out of fuel. Hurrah i here you shout ! BUT, after the gas ran out the car kept rolling ! Surely if everything that had gone wrong had actually happened the car would have come to a screeching halt being stuck in gear. The car had a column change so it was probably an auto, but whatever it was wouldn't the car have stopped rather quickly when the fuel ran out ?
They crashed in the end, but lived as they were only doing 60 !

This film was based on a true story so it must have happened right ?

Answers on a postcard to.....

Regards

Ash.

p.s would pouring water on the engine have stopped it sooner ?
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - steve paterson
Ashley, Chris Watson might be able to help with the mechanical problems.
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Darcy Kitchin
Ash
American cars are really accident prone. Despite the effects of Ralph Nader's activities, all American cars having an accident at more than walking pace explode with a huge column of flame and shatter windows for miles around.
Spooky, eh?
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Randolph Lee
And they seem to have a strange attraction for street vendors carts, stacks of boxes, and other things that scatter well when hit

Randolph
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Hedley
But no matter how crowded the sidewalk or outdoor dining area that an american car crashes through is, the car always lets humans get out of the way, just in time.

Now, if we in the UK had cars with these properties, we could get rid of most of our motoring laws......

Hedley
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Brian
The little series of posts above is the best bit of humour that I have seen for a while, I actually laughed out loud.
Keep it up guys, it's raining pussys and bow-wows here too, hence the green and pleasant bit !
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Brian
Maybe if we had American guns, the ones which, when fired by a baddie miss at three paces but always inflict a mortal blow when in the hands of a goodie even when fired blind round a corner at a tagget 200 yards away in the dark, when its raining, we could repeal the gun laws as well. :-)
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Ashley
My favourite is the A-Team ! Every car that crashes has a full roll cage fitted and all occupants miraculously climb out with all limbs attached. Also, in Hannibals famous words ' Give B.A a knife and fork and he make anything but dinner '. Whenever the camera pans to a shot of a wheel it immediately gets blown out by a bullet, but they couldn't hit a barn door at ten paces.

They should get B.A and the team working in a garage restoring cars, they could fix anything up quick as you like and get it looking mint in a jiffy.

Regards,

Ash. ( trying to contact the A-Team but having no luck )
Re: UFO ( unbelievable flatout object ) - Dave
Ashley wrote:
>

> '. Whenever the camera pans to a shot of a wheel it
> immediately gets blown out by a bullet, but they couldn't hit
> a barn door at ten paces.

I could never understand that!

They're a 'crack commando squad', but they can't shoot straight?

And they can all weld? What use is that in the commandos?