Kia Sportage KX3 AWD - 2012 Sportage KX-3 2.0 Diesel AWD slight clunk on - Shaun Davis
2012 Sportage KX-3 2.0 Diesel AWD slight clunk on gear change and release of accelerator

Discussion Starter • #1 • 2 d ago
Good morning. After a long drive down to Devon at the weekend, going through some real stop-start traffic I noticed a very slight clunk, not very noticeable but it’s there. It happens after a gear change (when the clutch pedal is released and mostly if not always when going down gears) and sometimes after I release the accelerator (change/reduction in speed).

all else seems ok - I don't think there is any excessive vibrations or not that I notice?

At times when I slowly release the clutch it doesn’t happen, likewise if I am careful with the accelerator – but it’s there.

Looking through the forums I have seen loads of different possibilities, but nothing that quite matches mu description – any ideas of what it could be and possible cost outcome it’ll be?

With the handbrake on and engine on I put it in reverse then 1st and lifted the clutch. I heard the slight knock/clunk again. It to me sounded like it came from underneath the car but mywife couldn’t hear it with the bonnet open. It seems to be when I changed gear, so if I lifted my foot off the clutch twice when it was in reverse it wouldn’t do it, as it was already engaged

couldn’t move the wheels and no sound when rocking.

there’s no loud band, very slight but it’s there.