dipstick Pump for oil changing ?? - Martin
HJ's contact for a dipstick pump (1999 HJ Motoring Answers book) of Martello of Leisnter has invoveled me talking to a bemused gent who promised to ring me back. A week ago. (There is an old joke there somewhere) .

I understand that marina shops sell such items can anyone give me any good brands and/or advice : ? manual ? 12volt ? Topsider brand?

Please note I know that the best way is to undo the sump plug but I am unable to get under the car ('97 Tdi Golf ) and merely want to renew the oil & filter in between the VW dealers annual service.

Follow HJ's advice very closely and it seems a filter & oil change every 6 months will not do any actual harm and hopefully allow the engine to do a few more miles.

On a slightly different tack a farmer friend offers me Castrol tractor oil with a API-CG4 which is what my handbook says is ok. Half the price. Can anyone tell me if this is not suitable. At the moment I use Casrol GTD magnatec.

Thanks
Re: dipstick Pump for oil changing ?? - Stuart B
Martin,
Search on a thread title "DIY vacuum oil change (extractor)"
Several pointers in that thread.
Regds,
Stuart
Re: dipstick Pump for oil changing ?? - Alvin Booth
Martin,
Aren't you still going to have to get under your car to change the filter or is it accessible from the top.
I would have thought it would be cheaper to buy a pair of ramps instead of a device for the dipstick hole and you would certainly get a better oil change draining out from the sump plug.
regards
Alvin
Tecnix 12v electric oil changer for cars/boats - J Todd
The oil changer that a friend of friend is getting in touch with Simon Saxton (see earlier thread about liquivac oil changers), was made in France and sold by Tecnix, AOC Ltd., Wembley, HA9 0TY

Its then part numnber was TEK-08, 750/2350.