Any - Temporary insurance for learners. - argybargy

Hi All

Over two years after I asked on here for "first car" recommendations for my daughter, she's at last booked her test, in the second half of September. She reckons she's ready, but I'd like to take her out in my car and give her further practice if possible.

I've been looking at the short term car insurance policies for learners using a relative's car, and for a couple of days of cover they're certainly affordable (especially if she pays). Question is, has anyone else here used this type of insurance and if so, is there anything which is not immediately obvious to be aware of? I've not studied any of these policies closely, but I'm assuming they provide third party cover only, and there's probably a big excess.

One branded name which has popped up in my searches so far is Admiral's Veygo temporary insurance.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Edited by argybargy on 29/07/2019 at 18:55

Any - Temporary insurance for learners. - mhenderson

I bought a week's insurance recently for my granddaughter, to drive my Fiesta. It cost £50. It was 2 or 3 months since she passed her test, at 18, and I wanted her to get some driving practice. There is a young driver excess, and the insurer was Aviva.

I bought a week's insurance recently for my granddaughter, to drive my Fiesta. It cost £50. It was 2 or 3 months since she passed her test, at 18, and I wanted her to get some driving practice. There is a young driver excess, and the insurer was Aviva.

Many thanks, that sounds just the job.

Any - Temporary insurance for learners. - focussed

There is also this company which are still about since I packed up being an instructor ten years ago - so it must say something about them!

Silly name but quite good so I was told by pupils at the time.

https://www.wearemarmalade.co.uk/

Edited by focussed on 29/07/2019 at 21:38

There is also this company which are still about since I packed up being an instructor ten years ago - so it must say something about them!

Silly name but quite good so I was told by pupils at the time.

https://www.wearemarmalade.co.uk/

Thanks to you also. ;0) That was one of the names/ links that popped up in my first Google search for learner driver insurance.