Nissan Micra - How to lock key in the car on purpose? - Richard Stewart
Hi there

We have a Nissan Micra on hire for a few days. The agent will pick up the car tomorrow and has asked us to lock the car with the key under the drivers mat. They will come along with the spare key and unlock the car and go.

I have no idea how to do this and hope someone can please advise as hire company office is now closed.

Thanks in advance

Richard
Nissan Micra - How to lock key in the car on purpose? - galileo

Years ago when cars had a 'lock' button on the door, if you pressed the lock button with the door open and held the outer handle up/out, closing the door it stayed locked. There is usually a 'lock' button near the window switches, maybe the same process will work?

Nissan Micra - How to lock key in the car on purpose? - galileo

Years ago when cars had a 'lock' button on the door, if you pressed the lock button with the door open and held the outer handle up/out, closing the door it stayed locked. There is usually a 'lock' button near the window switches, maybe the same process will work?

Nissan Micra - How to lock key in the car on purpose? - Richard Stewart
Thanks, that was really useful. All good now.
Nissan Micra - How to lock key in the car on purpose? - andrew bairsto

If the key is inside does it not reopen like Renaults with it being the same firm just a thought.

Nissan Micra - How to lock key in the car on purpose? - Engineer Andy

Can you unlock the boot separately from the rest of the car doors? As I found out to my cost, on my mid 90s Micra (no central locking or blipper on that car), I could easily lock myself out my putting my keys (in a rucksack at the time) in the boot and shut the boot lid, which automatically locked, unlike my current Mazda which is central locking (all or none) only.