motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - concrete

Just received my annual renewal. Guess what? For the second year running the renewal is less than the previous year. Checked around and my existing company came out cheapest for a new quote, but more expensive than renewal for exactly the same information given. So the price reduction must be for loyalty.

I did get an e mail thanking me for being a loyal customer ( have house and contents with the same company) and telling me they were preparing my renewal quote. They meant it too.

Who is this new type of old fashioned company that rewards loyalty, well every little helps!! Yes Tesco.

Cheers Concrete

motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - madf

Last year I received a quote for house insurance from SAGA. Mrs madf's car is insured them. They quoted £750 (yes.. this is NOT a typo).

I later insured my car with Saga as well.

They have just requoted £230 for house insurance...

The house is the same....

motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - gordonbennet

Same for us this year, all our car and house insurers offered rates so reasonable so simple renewals all round...i was wondering if they might be seeing the light at last.

motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - concrete

Gordon and madf, I am now worried that we only get this insurance deal because we are, let us say, more mature citizens!!!

Is there an 'old gits insurance company'?

Cheers Concrete

motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - galileo

Gordon and madf, I am now worried that we only get this insurance deal because we are, let us say, more mature citizens!!!

Cheers Concrete

Yes, there is, it's SAGA. Last time they gave us a quote for house insurance it was £150 more than the young folks' insurers.

motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - galileo

Cheers Concrete

Yes, there is, it's SAGA. Last time they gave us a quote for house insurance it was £150 more than the young folks' insurers.

motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - gordonbennet

Funnily enough Saga look after SWMBO very well on her Scooby and could not have been more helpful at car change, another quote would have to be substantially lower and from a company not known for trowelling admin charges etc on to be worth switching.

Edited by gordonbennet on 08/09/2016 at 20:35

motor insurance-has someone broken ranks?? - Gibbo_Wirral

When renewing back in April, Tesco came out cheapest.

But when I put in my clubcard number, the quote was almost halved.