Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - Cole_Metcalfe

As a youngish driver i struggled to get a cheap quote on my car insurance, i searched and searched but still the lowest price i managed to get was still too much. This kept going on until my older firends just out of the blue said 'why dont you cover your voluntary excess?'

I looked this excess protection up because frankly, i didnt even know i could cover my voluntary excess. For £44 i could get £1000 worth of excess cover! When taking out my insurance policy i usually would only put my voluntary excess to around £300 because i was scared of if i had a bump i would have to pay this. Well with my excess covered i could put my volentry excess up to £1000 which dropped my insurance by £hundereds!

This was through a website called xxxx which i would recomend to everyone! They are very cheap and simple and reliable and posible the best thing ive ever discovered. I insist everyone reading this goes and covers their excess for a mere £40 because its worth it!

Edited by Avant on 27/02/2016 at 21:36

Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - NARU

Oh my goodness! I didn't know that I could do this!

And thanks for the link to that awesome website! I've recommended it to 34 of my friends already!

I'm so glad you insisted that we all go and pay you £40!

LOL.

Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - RT

My security software blocks their website - wonder why?

Ive no idea why it will not work for you? It worked fine for me when i took out my policy
Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - alan1302

My security software blocks their website - wonder why?

Mine blocked it as well! LOL

I wish it was me getting the £40's mate, its just i l've only just discovered i can cover my excess and i want everyone else to be able to have the same
Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - Ethan Edwards

It's an insurance policy. Who is the risk carrier? Cos it doesn't tell you. Are they authorised by the FSA? Who knows. Sounds a little iffy to me. Any insurer is only great if they actually pay your claim. I'd need to see some ratings from someone like defaqto before committing any of my own money.

Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - Doc

It's an insurance policy. Who is the risk carrier? Cos it doesn't tell you. Are they authorised by the FSA? Who knows. Sounds a little iffy to me. Any insurer is only great if they actually pay your claim. I'd need to see some ratings from someone like defaqto before committing any of my own money.

RTR UK Limited is an appointed representative of MB&G Insurance Services Limited, which is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Ref 306978.

RTR UK Limited is registered in England and Wales, Company No 05174365, Registered Address Dovecote House, Middlecliffe Lane, Little Houghton, Barnsley, S72 0HW.

This insurance is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of UK General Insurance (Ireland) Limited, an insurance company established in Ireland and authorised and licensed by the Central Bank of Ireland. Registered in The Republic of Ireland, Registration Number 340407; Registered Office: Alexandra House, The Sweepstakes, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4. Policy is arranged and claims administered by RTR UK

Edited by Doc on 26/02/2016 at 21:46

Yeh i know that goodbyeexcess is all legit because i did my own research on the company because as you i was unsure about spending £40 but it's honestly worth the money
The risk carrier is goodbyeexcess because im paying them to cover my excess incase i ever have to use it, its 100% on their head
Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - Ethan Edwards

No it isn't the risk carrier. They are an agent of an Insurance company. They must have a delegated underwriting authority.

Btw - Insurance is what I do for a living.

Wish you the best of British -hope it works out for you.

Either way covering your excess is the way forward
Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - Wackyracer

I've found in the past that once I get to a certain amount of excess, the more I increase the excess makes no difference to the price.

Oh really? It makes a huge difference to my quotes
Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - NARU
I wish it was me getting the £40's mate...

I'm not your 'mate'.

Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - Cyd

This is so obviously a spam post from a broker trying to drum up business. I'm surprised the moderators haven't made it 'read only' yet.

Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - oldroverboy.

This is so obviously a spam post from a broker trying to drum up business. I'm surprised the moderators haven't made it 'read only' yet.

Reported minutes after it appeared...

Covering my excess lowered my insurance! - Avant

Sorry - I looked at this and missed the link as it wasn't in bold. Now deleted and thread is about to go read-only.