chevrolet cruze Hatchback - Car pulling left all the time. - fendertele

right i've asked this before but have some new updates.

my car pulls to the left ( passenger side in uk ) all the time... it feels like i have a slightly flat tire on the front left side ( where it pulls ) but it isn't all tires are set at 34 psi ( check regularly)

Had multiple Alignments done, the last one was with a very highly recommended guy who told me the geometry of the car is fine and there is no reason that the car should be pulling left.

He then told me it must be the tires causing the pull.... he seemed certain of it.

So i rotated my tires back to front ( can't do side to side as they are directional ) and it made no difference at all. I didn't expect it too as i had this issue before on a previous set of tyres.

I have a personal mechanic who is stumped aswell... he has replaced springs, top strut mounts and checked for play, anything bent (without taking the suspension apart) and a whole load of other things in the quest to fix the problem but no joy.

Then last week we decided to try swapping the tires side to side just to see if the pull would be gone.... and boom the pull was gone!!! and was now pulling to the right... So thought it must have been the tires!!!

Wrong..... once i had driven on them for a couple of hundred miles the pull slowly returned to the left.... so i'm guessing the pull to the right was due to the uneven wear that the tire had gotten being on the side that pulled over time.

So it can't be tire pull, supposedly not alignment or geometry of the car...... that doesnt really leave much to check now ?

here is the last alignment readings once done.

left front .................. right front

-0.47 camber ............. -0.12 camber

4.36 caster ............. 4.38 caster

0.03 toe ............. 0.03 toe

front

0.06 total toe

0.00 steer ahead

left rear ................ right rear

-1.27 camber .............. -1.13 camber

0.07 toe ............... 0.03 toe

rear

0.04 total toe

0.05 thrust angle

Edited by fendertele on 05/02/2016 at 11:22

chevrolet cruze Hatchback - Car pulling left all the time. - Railroad.

Tyres are nearly always the cause of steering pull. You also have to consider the camber of the road which means all vehicles will, if anything, have a tendancy to pull slightly to the left. Annoying perhaps, but there may not be much you can do about it.

chevrolet cruze Hatchback - Car pulling left all the time. - fendertele

i thought it might be the tires as he said but i switched them all about... and the pull is always to the left apart from the one time i switched left to right and the car pulled to the right.... but it was short lived as within a few days the car was pulling to the left more and more....

i could put a new set of tires all matching front to back and there would be a pull to the left... and it would gradually get worse as the tires wear uneven.

yes i understand the crown of the road makes a difference but this is the only car i have felt this issue with..... i have tested driving on the crown from both directions and only get the massive pull when its the left side.

i have tested it loads of times late at night when the roads are quiet...

i have driven down the road where it crowns to the left and can feel the steering wheel wanting to pull to the left along with the car quite strongly.... i have then turned the car round and drove down the same road in the other direction so the crown is now on the right and the car does not want to pull to the right the same as it did on the left side...... the car dips into the crown on the left side.

if i park up in a flat supermarket car park, centre the steering wheel and drive at 1mph and don't hold onto the steering wheel... the steering wheel will start to turn left right away....... until it gradually fully locks to the left and my car has driven into the side of the car park.

if i also park in the flat supermarket car park and reverse the car and drive at 1mph and dont hold on the steering wheel the steering wheel will also turn left and the car will reverse to the left.........

something is making my steering wheel always turn left and the car to follow the steering wheel.