Ford Galaxy (2011) - Galaxy airbag warning light - Cieurniht
My wife has a Galaxy, but with her having short legs and me having long legs, the drivers seat is moved from as far away from to as close to the steering wheel when we swap driving.

We have noticed that the airbag warning light intermittently comes on sometimes after the seat has been moved. Is there a connection under the drivers seat which is responsible for this - I am hoping it is a loose connection rather than anything sinister to do with the airbag.

Thanks.
Ford Galaxy (2011) - Galaxy airbag warning light - RobJP

Yes, there is a connector. The seat has an occupancy sensor. If the seat isn't occupied, then the airbag is de-activated.

Why have an occupancy sensor for the driver's seat, you may wonder ? Simply put, it's far easier to make the same seat with the same sensors for all models, left and right hand drive.

If you're going to have a look and see if the connector is loose, then please do this :

Disconnect the car battery. Wait 20 minutes. Then work on it.

The reason for this is that you don't want a 'jolt' of electricity going into the airbag sensors. The 20 minute wait allows current in capacitors to disperse.

Hope this has helped.