Citroen Xsara Picasso - Citroen Xsara PIcasso Gearbox Stuck - jackg205

Hi everyone. I am trying to remove a gearbox from a 2002 2.0 hdi xsara picasso. I have removed 10 gearbox bolts,these include the 3 starter motor bolts, I have also removed the nearside driveshaft, the gearbox mount on the n/s and the bolts holding the offside driveshaft in place and the bolts holding the plate between the engine and gearbox. It now moves slightly and has come away slightly from the engine as you can now see part of the flywheel, but it doesn't budge anymore than that it is stuck but I don't understand what is keeping it in place still, has anyone on here had any previous experience of removing these gearboxes as it simply will not budge free. Any help and advice would be much appreciated Thanks in advance Jackg205.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Citroen Xsara PIcasso Gearbox Stuck - Peter.N.

You can only really try levering it away from the engine at various points and see which part is not moving. Could be that the 1st motion shaft is stuck in the clutch.

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Citroen Xsara PIcasso Gearbox Stuck - m.barley

can i knock out the off side drive shaft from the near side as it will not come out like the near side did.i can see end of the shaft. i too have the same problem as previous message. many thanks

Edited by m.barley on 10/07/2018 at 15:33

Citroen Xsara Picasso - Citroen Xsara PIcasso Gearbox Stuck - hardway

If it's anything like a Peugeot then the o/s shaft needs to come out or else it hangs up just lie you describe.

On the intermediate coupling on the shaft there's 2 11mm hex fasteners.

Back/slacken these off but don't remove.

When they're loose enough the fastener can be pushed in and rotated,

The bolt has an "L" shaped head and must be rotated to permit drive shaft removal.

But just as a warning once with one of these I had to remove everything on the back of the engine as the drive shaft just wouldn't budge!!

Shaft,carrier and pump outlet!!

An absoulute nightmare.

I don't even want to think how long that job took.