Speedway Limited - TomvdV

p { margin-bottom: 0.25cm; line-height: 120%; }

WARNING

Do not do business with Speedway Limited.

One month ago we bought a car in the UK via Speedway. Two hours before it had to be delivered in the Netherlands, we received an email in which was mentioned that the car was involved in an accident. And they promised a refund.

Since then we only received vague excuses that there were problems with the bank, but the money was never received.

So be aware of this if you consider doing business with Speedway Limited. I do not know if they really planned to deliver the car, but if it comes to refund, you will never receive your money back!

Name: Speedway Limited

Telephone: +44 121 3188033

Company number: 06365302

URL: www.speedwaylimited.co.uk

E-mail: support@speedwaylimited.co.uk

Does anyone have a identical experience with them? And if so, what should I do?

Speedway Limited - RobJP

So you purchased a car (sight unseen, I assume) from a UK company for delivery to the Netherlands, never saw the car at all (which would have proved it existed), and paid for it all up front.

And with a telephone number in Birmingham, but a basic webcheck shows the company having their operational address in Middlesex.

And then you're surprised you got scammed ? You did NOTHING to protect yourself at all. You followed none of the advice that is given out to ensure your own safety.

Speedway Limited - oldtoffee

Speedway is owned by another company. Speedway have £60k cash left over from £500k this time last year. The parent company is owned by a Mr Tang who has 19 other active directorships including chinese restaurants and property developments, he has resigned from 22 others and 8 of his previous businesses have been dissolved. Keeps himself busy then.

Speedway Limited - skidpan

I presume you bought this car because the deal looked too good to be true.

Well it really was too good to be true, in truth it never existed.

Rule 1: If a deal looks too good to be true it always is. RUN AWAY, FAST.

Rule 2: If a deal looks too good to be true it always is. RUN AWAY, FAST.

Rule 3: Refer to rules 1 and 2.

Speedway Limited - Happy Blue!

Hmmm - website is down - there's a surprise!

Speedway Limited - RobJP

The thing is, the OP has been defrauded. But by 'Speedway', or by someone pretending to be Speedway ?

The OP has no idea, because they didn't follow any of the basic, simple checks. Hell, if we can find out that the telephone number is one for Birmingham, but the business address is in Middlesex, and that the Co. is owned by a person who has had a load of other companies dissolved, and that the website is blank (and lets face it, absolutely anyone could have created that website, i'm pretty sure I could register 'www.speedwaylimited.com' - which doesn't exist, btw - and populate it with cars for sale and fake reviews), then the OP certainly could have done those checks too.

In short, the OP got scammed through their own acts or omissions (I was going to put 'through their own stupidity', but I'm trying to be polite today). Maybe they'll use their brains in future. Maybe not.

Edited by RobJP on 08/06/2014 at 13:54