Ford Focus - Ford Focus 2 stiff door handle - WD40 or grease? - K21000

Just getting annoying now as I am in a communal car park and cars are close due to stupid narrow parking spaces. Leaning over at and angle is a struggle at times to get the door open. It's ok if you are next to the car and square on with plenty of space. I don't really want to start taking the door cards off, but I have been advised against blasting WD40 everywhere from the outside as it may take off the grease from the mechanism which is probably what may need re-greasing. I have taken door cards off before and they have never gone back on properly for me, so don't really want to do this! Any good advice appreciated.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 2 stiff door handle - WD40 or grease? - MrEckerslikefromRamsbottom

For me - any car, spray all door locks and hinges regularly - very regularly - with Duck Oil. Under the car, spray around exposed threads, handbrake cables and, er, everything with copper grease.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 2 stiff door handle - WD40 or grease? - bathtub tom

WD40 is Water Dispersant formula number 40. Contains a (very) small amount of oil. Certainly use it to cure a problem, but not as a lubricant.

Wait 'til t'weather's warmer and do t'job proper - like!

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 2 stiff door handle - WD40 or grease? - madf

tinyurl.com/ygj3tvp works well and LUBRICATES.. (which WD40 does not)

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 2 stiff door handle - WD40 or grease? - alan1302

tinyurl.com/ygj3tvp works well and LUBRICATES.. (which WD40 does not)

Are you sure there is nothing on the site to say it lubricates. It says it penetrates which WD40 is designed to do and helps if something is frozen.